Friday, March 25, 2005

Good windows make good neighbors

My neighbor and I saw each other topless this morning. I was wandering around in my underwear and getting ready to iron my work clothes for the day when I paused by the back window to take a look at the courtyard and gauge the day's weather. At that exact moment my neighbor across the way looked out her window into the courtyard and our gazes crossed. She was shorter than me with a heavier build and her hair was a long, wavy, wet mess haloed around her head. She had obviously just gotten out of the shower and may have been completely naked, but I could only see from the waist up. After the initial shock of seeing someone staring back at her she gave me a half smile and raised her hand as if to say "hey, good morning!" I smiled back and moved out of view to start my ironing.