Wednesday, February 02, 2005

A rusty knife in my right hand

I'm a little scared to go to sleep tonight because I've been having some pretty awful nightmares lately. Last night's dream was rather apocalyptic and hyper violent--it almost reminded me of the movie 28 Days Later. Without going into the gory details and getting myself worked up again, let's just say it was terrifying and that I woke up in a sweat and had to turn the lights on for a while before I could relax. My mother tells me that when she was my age she had terrifying nightmares all the time, almost every night. She was married to my dad then and she told me that after every nightmare he'd comfort her back to sleep, never once begrudging her for waking him up. Its strange to imagine them so in love, my dad holding my mom and telling her everything's going to be alright, making her feel safe and erasing the bad images from her mind.